AO: The Rising (Community Park, West Windsor)
Conditions: clear skies, 45 degrees
20 PAX: Ribs, Brisket, WallE, Hacksaw, Black Hole (Q), Cruiser, Tyson, Thunder, Mountie, Dos Equis, Scar, Photo Finish, Swish, Dick Clark, WaxOn (FNG), Lafayette, Lone Wolf of F3 Upper Valley (zoom), and 3 PAX from F3 Naperville on a “mancation” in Wisconsin (Luke Vanderbloemen + 2 on zoom).
Disclaimer: Modify as necessary. Not a professional. Suggestions only. (Q’s maskless amendment: 3 weeks post double vax, and negative covid test on Wed.) Don’t sue anyone. Aye!
Today’s beatdown spells out POST-IT because one of it’s inventor died last week. Like the pervasive office supply, there will be different variations of POST-IT in today’s WO. No mosey today, everything at center of soccer field.
- The Chinook (overhead arm circles), IC x 20
- Abe Vigodas, 4-ct IC x 20
- Lounge Act, IC x 20 (each leg)
- Motivators, IC 10 to 1
- P – Peter Parker, 4 ct IC x 20
- O – Obamas (4 Bear Crawl steps clockwise + 4 Merkins) x 11
- S – Smurf Jacks, IC x 20
- T – (captain) Thor (1 BBSU : 4 AmHammer) increase until 10 BBSU & 40 AH
- I – Imperial Squat Walker Squat, IC x 20 (both legs + 2 squats = 1 rep)
- T – Tony Hawk Burpee (Burpee w 360 degree jump at the end), IC x 10
[The PAX checked YHC’s count during the AH and discovered phantom counting. I was counting each side as 1 when I said that both sides = 1. Remaining was completed as each side = 1. (I’m the Q, after all!)
Even though there is no B in Post-It, Burpees made it into the lineup under Tony Hawk Burpee. Warning: trying to become Tony Hawk can lead to dizziness. Exercise responsibly and spin in the other direction to counter it. 360 made it challenging to get to 20 reps, so ended up at 10 instead.]
Dos led Albatross (deep breathing) x 5
- P – Parker Peter, 4-ct IC x 20
- O – Obamas (4 Crab Walk steps counter-clockwise + 4 dips) x 11
- S – (Red bull) Smurf Jacks, IC x 20
- T – (private) Thor (1 LBC : 4 Dancing crab) until 40 crabs, each leg = 1 ct
- I – Imperial Stormkickers, IC x 20, both legs = 1 rep
- T – Tony Hawk Flying Squirrel (180 degree jump), IC x 20 [less dizziness allowed 20 ct]
- LBCs, 4-ct IC x 40 [Felt that Private Thor didn’t have enough LBCs.]
- Rosalita, 4-ct IC x 20
- Boat Canoe Kayak
COT: Grateful for the PAX who keep showing up, vaccine approval for teens, and adjusting to new normal.
Today was YHC’s 1st Q after a short sabatical(?) at Rosedale Park. I missed seeing everyone in person and the fellowship at coffeteria. Glad to be back at The Rising! Anyone care to join me 5:30-6:15am on Mondays at Rosedale Park? Entry parking lot on Federal City Rd.
YHC, Black Hole