Physics lesson for the day. Annihilation refers to the conversion of matter when it comes in contact with anti-matter to become pure energy via Einstein’s E=mc2. Plugging in the mass of electron (or it’s anti-matter twin, the positron), the speed of light, and some conversion factors, you get 511 keV photons. These are the signals that are detected in PET scanners in the hospital. Happy PET day! Apparently, this is important in astrophysics too.
Annihilation in the beatdown sense involves a great deal of energy performing exercises with coupons. Exercises came primarily from the F3exicon. 8 #HIM posted for the virtual workout.
Who: Black Hole (Q), Milky Way, Mountie, Brisket, Dos Equis, Scar, Brewster, Lowes
Warm up: windmills, arm circles, circle arms, toe touches
The Thang: 60 AMRAP / 30 rest TABATA
- A – American Hammer (coupon)
- N – Newton’s Cradle – see exicon for description
- N – Noonan (coupon) – see exicon; Noonan tribute
- I – Imperial Stormkickers – see exicon
- H – Heavy Freddies (coupon) – see exicon
- I – Imperial Squat Walkers – see exicon
- L – LBCs
- A – Apolo Anton Oh No! (coupon) – see exicon
- T – Tempo Merkin – see exicon
- I – Iron Squat (coupon) – see exicon
- O – Overhead tricep extension (coupon)
- N – No Surrender
Half-time: Disconnect and re-connect in Zoom so we don’t get cut off in the middle of the 2nd half. Unfortunately, we lost Dos for most the 2nd half due to technical difficulties.
2nd Half: Repeat 12 exercises above.
Finale: Mountie led us in a round of Boat / Canoes!
Name-o-rama: Scar took off before name-o-rama and XX’s mic was muted somehow.
COT: Grateful for all the Moms in our lives. Grateful for the fellowship of the PAX. Continued gratitude for essential workers.
YHC, Black Hole
3 thoughts on “5.11 Annihilation Beatdown”
Nice Q, Did u know that 100 keV is equal to 1 Mountie unit.